Finally back on the smoothie track 😉 The challenge went quite well and we are happy to share our last few recipes with you in the next couple of days. Today we are getting a bit crazy by mixing banana, tomato and basil. Coming straight to the point: if you add a little salt at the end it really gives you a fruity Bloody Mary feeling.
Personally I really liked this kind of ‘odd’ combination. Banana and tomato actually are a perfect match in taste and the basil adds up a nice little herbal flavor. However with this smoothie I think it might a good idea to add a little bit more water in order to make it less creamy.
Tomato Basil Smoothie
Preparation time 10 minutes. Serves 1.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Banana
- 100-200 ml water (or tomato juice)
- Cut tomatoes in small pieces.
- Peel banana and cut in half.
- Add basil and water (or tomato juice). Depending on how creamy you like your smoothie you can add up to 200 ml of water.
- Blend and enjoy directly.
Tip: Add a little salt.
What fruits / vegetables make your perfect ‘odd’ smoothie mix? Let us know in the comment section below.